The selection criteria for the National Junior Honor Society are based upon the pillars of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Citizenship, and Character. Students in the 7th and 8th grades are provided information about the selection process if they fulfill the GPA requirement of a 3.5 or better. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the Student Activity Form, 3 teacher recommendation forms, 2 letters of recommendation from someone in the community and essay in order to be considered by the Faculty Council (CLMS Teachers) for this honor. The Council will make their selections and an induction ceremony will take place. The following indicators of the five pillars serve as a framework for selection rather than a checklist of items that must be fulfilled.
Students will be considered for the NJHS selection based on the following indicators:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Successfully holding school offices or positions of responsibility
- Leading in the classroom, at work, and in other school or community activities
- Participating in some service or charitable activity outside of school
- Mentoring people in the community or students at other schools
- Helping with any request made by staff to help support our school community
- Volunteering to provide assistance whenever needed
- Understanding the importance of civic involvement
- Having a high regard for freedom, justice, and democracy
- Involvement with such activities as Scouting, community organizations, and school clubs
- Upholding our core values of respect, responsibility, and integrity
- Complying with school rules
Mr. Gowan: Club Sponsor